Monday 7 July 2014

California dreaming

Dear Ella,

I had a dream that I went to LA for a holiday.

Hang on, it wasn't a dream it did happen and yes the sun was hotter, the skies bluer, the roads (and people) wider, the portions  huge (maybe why the people are wider), the accents broader, the service fantastic, the gas cheaper, the sidewalks less used, the grass browner and the cocktails icier.

LA living looked good to me.  Mastering the earthquake evacuation process didn't take too long, and it was good to avoid the beaches where the sharks hang out.  I was mindful not to press "dispense" for too long in the "FroYo" store - when reaching for the salted caramel flavour, and not to ask for too many glasses of Californian red.

Soft, mellow, easy with a touch of extraordinary or as my lovely friend Laura would say "like monkeys on acid"  that's LA for you.

Lots of love

Mum
Xx










3 comments:

  1. The grass is always browner..... ! I reckon I could run away from policeman, love U Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Policewoman ...... Look carefully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazed big bro there was no reference to me re that picture

    ReplyDelete