Wednesday 17 September 2014

You get what you give

Dear Ella,

Driving time today - Reading and back for work, exciting stuff - but it was a good day in so many ways, and one was hearing "you get what you give" by the New Radicals on the Radio.  What a track have not heard it for years - but love it, a bit cheesy I guess by your standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

I turned it up loud and pushed on down the M4  - reflecting on the words "you get what you give" - simple to say, hard to practise constantly - but worth hanging onto as a thread through the hours, days, weeks, months and years.

I know some really awesome people who live like this (but suspect they don't even know they are doing it), and guess what they are the ones who radiate an aura of contentment, quiet energy and are simply lovely people to be around - "go to" type people who bring out the best in me and turn up my positivity dial.

I want to be one of them when I grow up.

Lots of love

Mum
XXX




No comments:

Post a Comment