Wednesday 19 November 2014

Nonsense

Dear Ella

This time two years ago - as I helped you upstairs to bed (it took a while), you said "Mum, I am so ill", "nonsense" I replied - "you will feel better tomorrow when you start the steroids".

Nonsense  indeed!  - you were so ill, we argued for a bit over the rights and wrongs of which medications to take, I was irritable, you were ill, we were both exhausted.  "Don't be cross Mum", "I'm not, I just wish you hadn't taken that particular medication.  Sleep tight, love you loads and see you in the morning."

I tucked you in, switched off your light and left you to sleep. You sort of woke up the next morning, but not really.  You were on your way.

If I had really realised - I would never have been cross with you and never left you - sorry.

Lots of love

Mum
XX




1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you, Sophie and all the family xxxxxx Jane C

    ReplyDelete