Thursday 25 July 2013

Every day is a learning day

Dear Ella,

Every day is a learning day - boy am I learning!

I learnt two things today.

1.  Your sister really is nearly 18, she is no longer my "little girl".  Of course I have known that for ages and been trying to come to terms with it, but this afternoon a real moment of clarity.  I was walking home from work minding my own business, and was aware of two girls walking towards me and thought "they are about Ella's age" - low and behold it was Sophie and a friend (the lovely Holly).  17 going on 20.   That's good right?

2. Sun Dog - you know on your day back in November at Woodlands- there was a bright light in the sky that everyone talked about and took photos of?   Well I learnt tonight that it's called a Sun Dog or a Mock Sun.  Stevie came to see me and we had such a lovely time chatting about you, Ashton Park days, life, the universe and well "Sun Dogs".


Sundogs may appear as a coloured patch of light to the left or right of the sun, 22° distant and at the same distance above the horizon as the sun, and in ice halos. They can be seen anywhere in the world during any season, but they are not always obvious or bright. Sundogs are best seen and are most conspicuous when the sun is low.

Thank you Stevie

Lots of love
Mum
xxx

Ella's Sun Dog

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a fantastic thing to learn - Sundogs! I will forever remember Ella's sundog and how beautiful it made her day. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete