Tuesday 24 December 2013

A busy day..

Dear Ella,

You know what I am like - the usual mad dash around getting everything ready for Christmas Day - gosh what a fuss for just one day, but of course its a special, lovely day.

As I write - just waiting for Sophie to finish in the shower, before we settle down and in time honoured tradition watch "Love Actually". I have lit your fire and the tree lights are twinkling.  I can see all our special decorations we have gathered over the years - especially the one you had made for Sophie two years ago - with the three of us on it.

Funny moments today - Granddad nearly did a Dawn French when we came to visit you - stepped in a puddle, rather deep, good job he had his wellies on.  In a frenzy of cleaning, I nearly hoovered up the donkey and baby jesus from the nativity set, and most bizarrely this afternoon, I was upto my armpits in blocked drain matter in the garden- with Lorraine and Steve helping but laughing as well.  I might be "viral" on t'internet by now!

So Christmas number two without you kicking me into touch, Sophie struggling to muster the festive cheer, maybe Love Actually and foot rub will do the job.  May even persuade her to have a Baileys later.

With all my love as ever at Christmas.

Lots of love

Mum
xx

Xmas 2010 - your last one "well"







2 comments:

  1. Enjoy Love Actually - great Christmas tradition. Annie and I were saying how we miss our Christmas film evenings the three of us used to have. The Holiday was one of my faves! Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete