Wednesday 11 December 2013

Church

Dear Ella,

I went to church last night with Grandad. It was the St Peters Hospice carol service, a service to remember you and granny - and of course lots of other people as well.

It was in the cathedral - a beautiful building with stunning architecture - which you would have liked.  It was nice to have the space and time to really think about you.  I got the strangest feeling that you were over by the door calling me to come over…..you had very short hair and your American college jacket on.   You were smiling, but impatient and wanted me to come quickly  - I wonder what you wanted?

 We went last year as well - so here we go  - on to doing things for the second time without you - like Christmas.

Lots of love

Mum
xx

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful building that I used to go there 4 mornings a week! Love U Bob

    ReplyDelete