Thursday 14 August 2014

A cheery tune

Dear Ella,

Been feeling sad - got the August blues….I checked my blog last year and saw I wrote

Have decided to put August in the same box as February and November - dull!

Why is that? - Lots to be thankful for  and ways to count my blessings, a few days away with my Dad, garden growing and looking a treat, Sophie seems as content as a Fizz or a Brian, the weekend is near and a promise of a long walk across the nearby hills, friends to see, birthdays to celebrate, work to be done.  All in all a purpose and a reason to be and get up and get on with life.  So why the August blues….?  I think its a month that hangs - a still month, with a sense of waiting for September when there is a return to the majority getting on with usual routines.  Life picks up a pace and there is less time for reflection and procrastination.  An ingrained new school year approach - like clean pages in new exercise books?  Energising potential.

So for now hanging around in August - taking time to read and listen to new things - this was very cheering and new to me tonight - Jorge Ben Jor - Taj Mahal

 Had a massive missing Ella pang earlier this week - MASSIVE

Lots of love

Mum
XXX

1 comment:

  1. All very different in August Jo, unless your on hols..... Keep with it..... (Keep control of the chimp)...... Love...... U Jim x

    ReplyDelete