Tuesday 12 August 2014

Laughter

Dear Ella,

What a great gift laughter is - both to laugh and also to make people laugh.

Two laughing reflections today.  Firstly with Grandad (on our holidays in Devon) - who as you know has the capacity to reduce me to laughter quite often.  It was the other way round today, I made him laugh and as he did do did I.  Apparently as I laughed - my Mum (Granny) came tumbling out - "My - you sound just like Janet", said my godmother Brenda who was there as well.   It was nice to think of Granny laughing.

Then RIP the wonderful Robin Williams -  one of my favourite comedians and actors - simply love his humour and talent as you well know.  We were both reduced to helpless laughter a couple of Christmas's ago - as you and me watched a video of his that you gave me (even the joke about chemo was funny - doctor said taking Propofol to sleep is like doing chemotherapy because you're tired of shaving your fucking head) Cant begin to imagine the pain he must have been in to do what he did - mental illness incomprehensible for those of us fortunate enough not to suffer from it.

Maybe your laughing out loud somewhere with Granny and Robin - gosh there's a thought

Lots of love

Mum
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment