Wednesday 27 August 2014

It's been a while

Dear Ella,

Sorry, it's been a while, my mojo has been lying low, listless and inert, not attractive!   Despite firm talkings too and flashes of get up and go - I have not got up and gone, but rather limped along.  All rather pathetic and first world centric.  If I was still at school, no doubt my report would read (as they always did), "could do better"!  So I will do better and am gearing up for an Autumn of getting stuff done and being out and about.

This will include:

  • Returning your sister to university, handing her back to the Welsh and all things student.  Good luck Cardiff!
  • Learning to fly solo again - and remembering that fruit bowls can be used for other things than fruit - junk mail as I remember from last year
  • More singing - despite zero improvement in my singing ability, and at times child like giggling fits - I did not get thrown out of choir last year, so will be returning to puzzle over more musical notes on lines that mean nothing to me at all.  Bristol - hold onto your ears on Thursday evenings!
  • A new hobby - outdoor swimming - and no wetsuits involved.  I am going to toughen up and no longer be the person who gingerly hops around at the waters edge taking ages to get in - only to jump straight back out.  (Ice bucket challenge on Sunday was not a great start!)  Look out for me ploughing up and down the Bristol Lido at 7.30 am on dark winter mornings - really…….
  • Trailing up and down mountains behind U Bob - scaring the living daylights out of myself and possibly those immediately behind me.  Never have I my arms and legs ached so much and my heart raced so fast - as last November in Snowdonia - and I am going back for more.
  • More and more walking, as I continue to blindly put one foot in front of the other and - well just walk.  Miles and miles - to work, home from work, to friends, to the shops, to your tree, round the harbour, through Ashton Court - anywhere.  Just keep walking - remains my mantra - it helps.
  • Completing or starting my new years resolutions - think Pensions, Pelvic Floors and Birthday Cards - a heady combo…….still useless at sending cards on time if at all - and as for the other two - don't even go there, but "tidying up" must be done.  It's mid life junk - wont bore you with anymore details.
So a starter for ten - and as I always say - "on we go"

Lots of love

Mum
XX


4 comments:

  1. Ah ha, your Mum did the Snowdon Horseshoe in snow last November, quite some achievement! And I happen to know that she is making progress with 2014 NY resolutions. Sorting out mid-life junk might lead to a happier old age, for those of us that get there - love U Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pensions, Pelvic Floors and Birthday Cards - great name for a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds pretty busy to me ! Any chance you could fit in another "family" curry - BH Monday was brill ! Looking forward also to Auntie Jo babysitting next Monday so I can get mu inbetweener fix ! Keep up the plodding - rest assured you remain an inspiration to the rest os us sis ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for lovely comments - Annie I think you might be onto something!

    ReplyDelete