Friday 23 August 2013

Cleaning, Vivaldi and Frogs!

Dear Ella,

Feeling weary and in need of time out, have shut the door on the world and retreated to the sanctuary of Allington.

Sophie out - so time is all mine to indulge as I wish.

Hence - cleaning, Vivaldi and frogs!

Cleaning - grubby windows gone, cobwebs banished and dusty corners ousted - very therapeutic - its a middle aged female thing, and a great distraction.

Ate my dinner watching Nigel Kennedy play Vivaldi - BBC at the Proms - would never have got away with that if you or Sophie had been in.

And - finally a damp old evening, so knew there would be a frog frenzy.  The kitchen doors are firmly shut to prevent Brian bringing her "toys" any further into the house.  Two so far with a further one waiting for me to rescue it with my dustpan and brush.  Where does Brian find them all, and why oh why does she have to bring them home?

Does the above count as three simple things?  Think not on the frogs - but the other two will do for now.

See you in the morning

Lots of love

Mum
xx




3 comments:

  1. Curry, cider and candy crush - not quite as cultural although I did water the new turf before it rained ! My 1st hour of the day today at 6 am was sad and nice in that I couldn't get my oldest niece out of my thoughts - take care E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have got away with Vivaldi if it was autumn - me and ella had to play the part of it so much on the keyboard I think I still know it off by heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish the middle age cleaning thing would get me...smeary windows and cobwebs rule here! The frogs are a little strange but, I think,preferable to the dead mouse on the bed and headless dove thats we've recently been presented with. Maybe Brian thought a frog chorus would go nicely with Nigels playing!

    ReplyDelete