Friday 7 February 2014

Never fade

Dear Ella,

I knew you would never fade - but its reassuring to know that  - that thought is really true.

Always with me, next to me, in my heart and head - living for you and loving you every step of the way.

So many instances this week, nothing extraordinary, just simple everyday things - that bring you right to the forefront.

A picture and someone else's memory of you - arriving in my inbox, nobody else will ever wear a bobble hat with your panache.

A song (at choir), "Fix You" again, but then others like Moon River, that you probably never knew - but originally sung by the  beautiful Audrey Hepburn, almost as beautiful as you.

Seeing a photo of you (well several actually) on Sophies bedroom wall in Cardiff.

Hearing the rain come down - relentlessly, like it did in November 2012 - when you had to go.

Laughing with wonderful girlfriends - and knowing that you would be glad I was, but rolling your eyes at the cause of the laughter.

Seeing your photo, and smiling right back at you.



Lots of love

Mum
XXX


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photo :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, what a cool photo, so Bristol! I must get a print of it to sit alongside the lovely photo of you your Dad gave me; a welcome everyday reminder, love U Bob

    ReplyDelete