Wednesday 5 February 2014

The Path into the Blue

Dear Ella,

Went to the Tate Modern last Saturday to see the Paul Klee exhibition - loved it, but especially the picture entitled  "The Path into the Blue".  The minute I saw it, I was transfixed; I had the strongest sense of it being the picture of your journey, from the very first day you were told there was something not quite right in your shoulder - through to the night of 21 November - 18 months later when you left.

I gazed and gazed it at, and have since looked at it online - I have no idea why it does this for me - but I find it very peaceful.

Of course the Tate was one of our places - a visit to London with you and Sophie was never complete without a stomp around the various galleries within the building - including the "scary" installation exhibits, which you loved and I hated.

Lots of love

Mum
XX



No comments:

Post a Comment