Thursday 25 April 2013

Getting older

Dear Ella,

For sure, I am getting older , there is no denying it - two things happened today to confirm it.

1.  I bought a pair of practical, outdoorsy type walking trousers (the sort that rustle, have multiple pockets and look frightfully grown up) - to go walking with U Bob and friends.  Not very "on trend", but practical, shower proof etc.  Never, ever thought I would do that.

2.  As I was heading home around 9.30ish this evening - drinks and dinner with work mates, I bumped into Sophie and friends just going out!  "Hi Mum", "Hi Sophie" and that was it - we passed like ships in the night, me to my PJ's, cup of tea, t shirt sales and East Enders, Sophie to a - well you know night out on the Thekla and all that brings.

Its official!

Lots of love

Mum
xx


3 comments:

  1. I succumbed to a pair of those Jo and try to wear them as little as possible....... Shorts much better and stop you looking like an ageing rambler! Am sure you will look trendy enough trekking over Dartmoor with Bob ...... Enjoy..... As for Sophie scenario I can't help you there...... At least you don't have to get up at 5.30 to swim 200 lengths in the morning like some !
    Looking forward to the photos...... Have sent a photographer along so watch this space folks..... Hopefully she/he will come up trumps...... Love Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to the best of us Jo :)
    Think about you often,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still resisting those type of trousers but for how much longer??

    ReplyDelete