Wednesday 20 February 2013

All the way from San Fran..



Dear Ella,

Here is your "big sister" Laura Pepper all the way from San Fransisco

Lots of love
Mum
xx
PS - Sophie just signed up for 10k  - Run for Ella Team :)



Dear Ella, 
As I flew home to see you, you had already left and taken your own flight on a journey free of the pain that had clipped your wings for so long.

I chatted with your mum today and we wondered where you are, and what exactly your heaven would be. I am still thinking about this, but my immediate thoughts are that wherever you are, you are peaceful, out of pain, and resting. I also imagine your world to be beautiful and bright, and full of everything you ever wished for. You would be in the country, and working creatively by somehow fusing your love of architecture, fashion and music.
Of course there are kittens and puppies skipping around in the finest sparkly accessories! 

It's true that the brightest lights burn for half as long, and you are a shining example. 
You will disagree when I say that you were brave. But you were. You were brave, gracious and dignified throughout. Your sense of humour never failed you, even on the darkest days, and this is something I will never forget, and it is something I hope I can learn from, and take with me.

My memories of you will always be with me, whether its buying your homemade lemonade from your table-top shop in the street at glentworth rd, or staying up late watching TV shows about unfortunate pets with wheels for back legs, and then laughing aloud at the randy parrot with a fondness for its owners head, ......Or even eating burgers on your bed, whilst cheating at the guardian crossword waiting for the chemotherapy to finish so we can go home and sit in the garden. 

Words now fail me, so I'll sign off with some advice for your new world. If Elvis is there, don't, for god sake let him help you decorate your country cottage. I have been to his house and the decoration is very questionable!
Also, don't listen to a word Jimmy Saville says!

Rest in peace gorgeous girl. I will look for you in the stars, the sparkle as the sun hits the ocean, and in the moon beams that guide me home at night.

You will always be in my heart,
All my love
Pepper xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment