Sunday 24 February 2013

London calling

Dear Ella,

So I finally braved up and went away for the weekend - hope that was OK with you.  As it happens you kind of came with me.  I went to London and of course you were everywhere.

Your love of London started about eight years ago - when you, me and Sophie began setting off on our mini London adventure's - a few days just hanging out - sightseeing, walking around, a bit of culture - a theatre trip, exhibition etc and always lots of shopping!  I went back to some your favourite spots - the South Bank, Tate Modern (didn't venture in for any of those weird and scary installation viewings), Millennium Bridge, Regent Street, Uniqlo (not a great Spring collection in my view), Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abby (only outside this time) and plenty of eating treats.  I got "London Feet" - which made me smile, you always got really bad "London Feet" and would groan and moan, but cheer up after a drink and cake stop.

Of course you went on to have London adventures without me and Sophie in tow and went up for some modelling assignments as well.  I still laugh thinking about the day we came with you to meet one of the agencies that were keen to find you assignments - you were told to practice wearing high shoes, by wearing them round the house to do domestic chores like washing up, vacuuming etc!  LAUGH,  I nearly cried - "domestic chores" - never your forte, always easier to sit and watch me and Sophie running round doing them.  So you never really practiced walking in high shoes - as it turns out, didn't really matter.

Thanks for all those great times in London memories and for coming with me again this weekend.

Lots of love

Mum
xxx

2006 Sophie, Ella and Nelson

Jo, Robbie and Ella



No comments:

Post a Comment