Wednesday 2 January 2013

Dreams, T Rex and Puppies

Dear Ella

Well it was back to work with a bang today..... it would have been easy to have dragged my heels, but I remembered two things on my walk in:

1.  Your blog post I don't Like Mondays  where you very articulately wrote about your longing to lead a normal life and do things like go to school/work/college and just have a regular type day.

2.  For the first time since you have been gone, I dreamt about you last night.  I have been waiting and wondering when you would come, it was only briefly, quite confusing and very strange, but you were very real.  Funny I didn't remember the dream when I first woke up - but an hour or so later.

So with those two thoughts, I made it through the day despite my ongoing pathetic cold and lack lustre night of sleep.

Therapy comes in all shapes and sizes - this evening I was fortunate enough to get two sorts:

1.  A drive in the dark - Sophie by my side, music up loud  - BANG A GONG - T REX, one of those tracks that all three of us love.   I find loud music in the car and driving in the dark very therapeutic and a great space to smile and think about you.


2.  Puppies - well not really therapy for me (but they were for Sophie),  for me it was more about being at the Pump House - somewhere that I feel very close to you.  We so often spent time there with the wonderful Annie and Quentin as you were growing up.  It feels very safe, familiar and easy.  You would LOVE the puppies..... so here they are...

Lots of love
Mum
x




3 comments:

  1. Of course, strictly speaking, it is not a Monday - but it felt like one big time! The puppies are cute. For me "Hot Love" tops the T-Rex charts (not forgetting my old friend Tony Rex - Trex).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have to think about Ella's 'I don't like Mondays' post in order to motivate myself sometimes, but it never fails. Also, loving the adorable puppies! Sorry I am not going to be able to make it when you see the girls tonight, but I hope to catch up with you again next time I am home, and will keep in touch. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your content is nothing short of bright in many forms. I think this is friendly and eye-opening material. I have gotten so many ideas from your blog. Thank you so much. cavoodle puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete