Tuesday 15 January 2013

Words from Andy Warhol

Dear Ella

What do you reckon to these words?


“They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”
-Andy Warhol



They have been sitting in my in box for a few weeks...I have decided I like them because A - they are from Mr Warhol, we both liked his work and B - they ring true, time is innate and not really within our control except to make best use of it.  However, we can be in control or make an effort to change ourselves our responses and our actions and behaviours.  Of course easier said than done!

It then reminded me of one of his other very famous quotes -

Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. 

Babe - I think your slot will be longer than 15 minutes.

Lots of love

Mum
PS we never made it to MOMA in NY - where lots of Andy Warhol's work is - I will go for both of us one day soon.














1 comment:

  1. You will love MOMA Jo, and Ella would have too. Ella and I studied Andy Warhol in Art AS when we did 'natural forms'. We had so much fun in those lessons :) xxx

    ReplyDelete