Sunday 13 January 2013

Juicing!

Dear Ella,

Lots of advice from one and all about making sure I look after myself - sleep, diet, exercise etc etc etc.

On the note of diet I have become very bad at the old "5 a day mantra"...somehow fruit no longer does it for me, and 5 portions of vegetables or salad is hard work on a normal working day, (remembering that the Penny Brohn centre actually advocate 10 a day).  So I bravely got the juicer out this morning.  I had been planning to sell it on the basis that juicing was no longer fun without you around.

With great gusto I juiced oranges, melon, carrots, lime and an old pear that had been languishing in the fruit bowl for a week or so, and then knocked it back in one.  5 a day done in one go!   Its the way forward, and like everything else I do - hard but also strangely easier if I think about you and listen to your advice - "Get a grip Mum".

The juice master is back!

Lots of love

Mum

xx




6 comments:

  1. Fantastic to hear the juicer is back up and running. We had many fun times experimenting with it, and the juices were always gorgeous. Keep it up Jo :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jo..... Ella will be smiling.....must use my juicer more too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No juicer, but trying my best at the 5 a day ! Just prepared a tuna salad for tomorrow and cooked up a levi roots "yard" chicken stew for tonight ! With all this exercise this year we all need to be in "peak" shape !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add lots of greenery too! Spinach, Kale, broccoli, wheat grass etc You can't even taste them and gets them out of the way. I recommend the Naked Green Machine Smoothies (http://www.nakedjuice.co.uk/green.php)if you are on the go (sold at supermarkets & starbucks)
    x NT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with spinach, best eat as sag chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my health misses those juices, glad the juice master is back! I have an old text from Ella on my phone that says "Oi come over soon, my mum says she wants to give you a right juicing, whatever that means ha ha!" Needless to say I had to drink something with spinach in! xxx

    ReplyDelete