Sunday 20 January 2013

It was great

Dear Ella


On Saturday we went to see Quartermaine's Terms at Bath Theatre Royal, do you remember when we booked the tickets?  I was dithering around - "shall I or shan't I" - and you said "just book them, you love Rowan Atkinson, and I will be loads better and it will be a great afternoon out".

So I did book them and it was a great afternoon out (it would have been even better if you had been there), we laughed out loud - but it was also incredibly sad and we (Mark, Annie, Lorraine and myself) all agreed that it would stay in our minds for a very long time.  It was a useful reminder - yet again- to not just let time slip by in a rather useless, miserable kind of way.


Anyway, more theatre outings for me - forgotten how much I love it.  Do you remember when I took you and Sophie to see the play Three Days of Rain in London, the three of us were entranced and couldn't stop talking and thinking about if for days afterwards.    How talented to be able to write, produce direct and act drama that stays with people.

Lots of love

Mum
XX

PS - do you still think that U Bob and Grandad have a look of "Rowan" about them?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you have had a great time this weekend. Love from Georgina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, no I don't think that is true of U Bob or Grandad!!

    ReplyDelete